Tuesday, February 19, 2008

279 Pieces of Candy

Oh, wo is me.

We attended the Cub Scout's annual Blue and Gold dinner. They had a count-how-much-candy in the jar contest. Lester and I, with unusual self-control, said we weren't going to guess. However, Alexis did. She wanted to guess 78, but I told her there were way more than that. I wrote down 307 on her piece of paper, and she put her name on it.

Guess who won?

Guess which household, in addition to leftover Halloween candy, Valentine's Day candy, AND potty-training-reward candy now has an additional 278 pieces of candy? (Alexis ate one already.)

The only thing that made it worthwhile was the look of sheer joy on her face when she one. Oh, for a camera. Oh, that I were Mahina who practcially has her camera surgically attached to her hands. The closest reaction I can show you is the one she had two years ago when she got her Dora dollhouse for Christmas:



Maybe I should just remember whose candy it is.

But, then again, what parents have never helped themselves ("steal" is such a strong word) to the kids' candy after they were safely asleep?

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Whew-who! Go Alexis!

Merilee said...

That was pretty hilarious last night! I couldn't believe she won after your little comments at the dinner table. Her reaction was priceless!

Darilyn said...

That picture of her is the best. Way to go Alexis!

mahina said...

isn't that how it would happen? good job Alexis. I guess you should have let her guess 78, then you wouldn't have the candy staring you down everyday!

Mandy said...

That is so cute! Good for her. Its so fun to win something!

Chelle said...

She'll remember that for ages. That's the kind of win you show and tell about in grade school. Very cute.

Teresa said...

haha! That's pretty funny! It's not stealing when you eat your children's candy. Candy isn't good for them, so you're eating it to help them be healthier. At least, that's how I think of it...