Monday, February 11, 2008

Now My Cat is Broken

You've all read about my broken car. Now, on the eve of taking our car to be repaired, Yoggi breaks down. He meows and pants and he drags his right hind leg. So, after a few calls to emergency vets in the area (they are few and FAR between), my wonderful hubby stuffed our fat cat into his ancient cat carrier and is going to TUALATIN for me.

Just a word on cat carriers. Growing up, we did the cat-in-the-pillowcase trip to the vet. Now, however, there are some DELUXE cat carriers, such as this gem:

- It has a base that you can buckle in (I never even used a seatbelt as a kid.)

- An attached feed tray (My attached feed tray is my hand.)

- Small top door for feeding, comforting, or leashing your pet. (That would be the equivalent of someone sticking their hand through my moon roof, patting my head, and throwing me an animal cracker.)

- And last, but not least, a padded waterproof mat (If I need to go that bad, I will make a pit stop. Seriously, this could be a useful feature.)
No, our poor cat is in the cat carrier equivalent of a Ford Pinto. The color is even similar.
But no matter what poor Yoggi has to ride in, I just hope he comes home in good health (and that he doesn't cost too much to fix).

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow that is some feline car seat!! How funny! I hope things go well at the vet. Poor kitty.

Darilyn said...

I hate to comment on this post after just reading of Yoggi's death but this was some seriously funny and good writing!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Thanks, Darilyn. That's life, though, humor and sadness mixed up together.

mahina said...

i must agree with darilyn, this was seriously funny! i love your added commentary! you funny, funny girl!