Monday, February 4, 2008

A Moment for Reflection

Yesterday Letser's stepfather passed away from health complications. Coming on the heels of President Hinckley's death, my mind has been somewhat consumed with deeper things. I only saw my step-father-in-law a few times during our marriage, and I never met President Hinckley in person, but their deaths make me think about my own life:

- Where do I focus most of my time and energy?

- Do I treat my husband and children with the same respect I give to perfect strangers?

- Do I make time in my life for real prayer, scripture study, and reflection?

- How will my children remember their mother? Bridget was laughing the other night that now her kids are at the stage that they can remember their childhood, so she needs to be a good mother. B, I think you're the best mom! But you did bring up a valid point!

- Do I make time to laugh every day? Mahina's my laughing buddy. Good thing I see her a lot! :-)

- Do I take time to share, like Sarah Smith?

- Do I take time to be grateful, for things like all my other blogging buddies, my family, my talents, my health, my warm house, my five senses, my cat, dark chocolate, and the gospel?

Whoa, it's getting deep in here.

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

These are all great things to think about. Thanks for giving me something to reflect on this morning. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. That's a lot in your life all at once.

Chelle said...

I caught up on your family today reading through your blog. Such a beautiful family and such a beautiful post today. Very good reminders.

Bridget said...

I am so sorry to hear about his passing. Was Lester close with him?

You are doing a great job Elizabeth! If I were to speak at your funeral I would say you were one of the most gracious women I know. You are so liberal with your thanks. That's what I learn from you.

mahina said...

deeep thoughts by e! these are great things to think about! i love to laugh with you, too! it's very therapeutic!

brenda said...

Nice reflections. Thanks for sharing them! Sorry for your loss.