For those of you who don't know who Junie B. Jones is, she's this extremely creative, free-thinking character in children's literature. My friend likened Alexis to Junie B. Jones. After much reflection I have to agree. Here's why:
- One day at Brandon's swimming class, I discovered Alexis in the lobby holding the front of the vending machine open for the guy to stock it with drinks.
- In the same day, I had to return a book to someone who wasn't home. After leaving a note, I found that Alexis had been talking to a construction worker who was doing some roadwork nearby.
- And after all that, we went to Hazeldale Elementary School for the free lunch. The THPRD rec mobile was there. Alexis took some jump ropes, hula hoops, Frisbees, and balls and set up an obstacle course for everyone. As we left, she said, "Wait just a second. I have to talk to the counselor" (ostensibly so she could explain the obstacle course to them).
- We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Utah during our recent vacation that has an indoor pool. Alexis wrote up an invitation inviting everyone in the hotel to a pool party from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. (the pool hours). She said we had to be there at 8:59 a.m. to make sure everything was okay.
- The kids were going swimming with Grandpa Engstrom (my dad) last week. I asked the kids to change into their swimming suits. When I went to check on them, Alexis was standing stark naked in front of the fan taking an "air shower."
Life, whatever else it may be, is not boring with my adorable Alexis.
I love you, Junie B. Jones Dimit. :-)