Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Working Vacation

This is Elizabeth's other half, Lester, doing a guest blog entry. Many of you know that we spent my 2 week Thanksgiving vacation painting our living room, dining room, kitchen, and kitchen cabinets. It was a pretty big project, bigger and more time consuming than I thought it would be. Elizabeth was a huge help keeping the kids out of the paint by taking them out and arranging play dates. There were also numerous meals eaten at Wendys ;-). While I did finish the bulk of the project during those 2 weeks, I still had a couple of minor finishing touches I needed to finish (installing cabinet hardware and under-cabinet lights). Well, I finally finished the project this past Saturday and I wanted to share the pictures. I love doing before, during, and after pictures. So, enjoy!

Before




During (thank goodness I didn't have the kitchen torn up on Thanksgiving Day ;-)




After





5 comments:

mahina said...

looks fabulous! great job!

Bridget said...

Way to go Lester! It looks great! I love the color in the kitchen. And are there new counter tops too? Very nice.

Merilee said...

Wow, I'm impressed! The changes look so good!

brenda said...

I love it! And I feel your pain. We've been through 2 kitchen remodels and it just seems to end up taking longer and costing more than planned. But it's so worth it in the end!

Sarah said...

I love how paint transforms a room! It looks great!