Thursday, January 10, 2008

Poor, poor Brandon!

Brandon often wakes up crying in the middle of the night, but he usually goes back to sleep on his own.

But the night before last, he woke up screaming. I went into his room to find my adorable, newly turned 3-year-old sitting on the edge of his bed in his brand-new Cars pajamas covered in vomit.

Poor little guy.

So he spent the rest of the night in bed with me (we sent Lester to the guest room), alternately dozing and puking into a plastic bowl that he has come to despise (who can blame him!). Every time he woke up to throw up, he would scream. Alexis would yell from her room, "I can't sleep!" and then go back to sleep.

He slept all day yesterday, had a fever, but the vomiting seems to have calmed down.

Now let us hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the family. :-)

And maybe someday I will catch up on my laundry.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh bummer! Good luck today. Sick kids is no fun.

Darilyn said...

Wow! What an eventful night and not a fun one at that. I hope he is all better soon.

mahina said...

that just cracked me up that alexis would scream from her bedroom that she couldn't sleep! i can just picture it! poor brandon, for sure, but i must add poor you, too!

if it makes you feel any better i am still catching up on laundry as i write this!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

M: I know. That silly girl. I'm glad I'm not the only person stuck in Laundryland.

By the way, when I need a good laugh, I just scroll down your blog to the picture of Kawena screaming. It is HYSTERICAL!

brenda said...

So sorry! Sydney woke up sick today. I'm hoping it's a short bout. The upside is that she wants to watch pride and prejudice! Fun for mom.