Friday, September 12, 2008

A Matter of Perspective, part 2/An Answer to Prayer

Okay, I've been bumming around the house today, feeling kind of sorry for myself because I don't have a car and I have kids who want to be constantly entertained and I'm not feeling super great, blah, blah, blah.

So I knelt down and said a prayer, asking Heavenly Father to help me out.

Well, I got the answer to my prayer by coming across an update about a beautiful mother named Carol who delivered a baby girl (their second) and she had the most HORRIBLE things happen afterward. Her story, however, is one that inspires me and helps me be grateful for healthy kids and a healthy body and the fact that I can run stairs for exercise (even if I don't want to).

Check out Carol's story.

In other words, Heavenly Father was telling me to get a reality check and be grateful for my many blessings!

I feel humbled now.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the post Elizabeth, I think I needed to experience a moment of gratitude as well.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the post. It's such a good reminder. It can be so hard to do it in the moment.

Sarah said...

So I just went and read the story. That sure does put things into perspective! How awful!

Tonya said...

Woah! I am feeling very humbled by that story. I cannot imagine. I knwo I need to do a better job of counting my blessings, so thanks for the reminder:0)