Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Person of the Week

Every Friday on the evening news (can you tell I'm married to a news junkie?), there is a Person of the Week feature in which they spotlight a person making a difference.

My person of the week is my hubby. Well, he's my person for eternity, but you know what I mean. He just returned from a weeklong trip from Israel. Just before he left, he:

1- Unclogged the drain in our bathtub (have I really lost that much hair?)
2- Made a massive grocery run so I would be set while he was gone.
3- Apologized for not cutting up the lettuce into a salad.
4- Did more things that I have now forgotten (I meant to post this earlier.)

When he finally stumbled off his 10.5 hour flight from Frankfurt at noon today, he:
1- Helped me unload a TON of groceries I'd gotten at the Bishops' Storehouse for a distant relative of mine.
2- Cleaned up a cat mess.
3- Let ME take a brief nap after an exhausting week.

Okay, I think I'm in love.

By the way, I just received an invitation to my 20th high school reunion next summer. 20 YEARS! 2 decades. 1/5 of a century. A score of years. I'm stopping now. I'm starting to feel old.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad to hear Lester is back home. Wow, 20 years!! Are you going to go to it?

Darilyn said...

My 20 year is next summer too. I didn't go to my 10th but I will probably go to my 20th.

mahina said...

wow! 20 years! how does that happen when we still are only 21?? welcome back lester glad you're home safely!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

You bet I'm going! We're going to plan our family vacation around it. Alexis will miss the last couple of days of school, but it'll be worth it. And, you're right, Mahina. The age thing doesn't work out so well, does it? But I'm actually 22. So that makes more sense. :-)

Sarah said...

When I was a kid and would ask my mom how old she was, she would have to think about it. I remember thinking, 'HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE.' I know the asnwer now.