Friday, October 5, 2007

Funny lines from the backseat of the car

Today we were driving up Miller Hill Road on our way home from music class. I spied a deer leaping across the road.

"Look, kids! It's a deer!"

Brandon missed the deer, but Alexis said, "Maybe Santa has been losing deers. He came from the jingles/bells [Santa's harness for his sleigh] from the North Pole to Oregon."

Poor Santa.

Then tonight we went to the Dollar Store to buy Halloween decorations. I bought each kid a trick-or-treat bag for Halloween. Alexis's is a spider and Brandon's is a monster with a big eyeball. I didn't pick up on the fact that it is a monster and not just an eyeball until later. So I called it an eyeball. This is important as you'll soon see.

Alexis was playing in the backseat of the car with her spider bag. Brandon wanted a spider bag. I said, "Hey, but you've got an eyeball." "NO eyeball! I want spider bag!"

Poor Brandon.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

That's great. Good for you for getting your Halloween stuff. I usually procrastinate until everyhting is sold out.

Sarah said...

I love the way kids think. I really liked what Alexis had to say about Santa losing deer.