Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wet Towels Everywhere (or, It's Just Not My Night)

I saw Mahina whipping up homemade waffles for her family for dinner. It inspired me to make pancakes for my hungry horde. Not having Bisquick on hand, I Googled a "simple pancake recipe."

This "simple pancake recipe" required the wet ingredients to be beat on high for three minutes. The author recommended using a blender. I thought that was so clever! So I carefully poured all the ingredients in, only to find I had put in 3 TABLEspoons of vanilla instead of the required 2 TEAspoons! Oops.

I ran the blender for nearly three minutes. I tried to pull the container part from the base, but the bottom part stayed with the base. In a matter of 10 seconds my counter, cupboards and floor are swimming in over-vanillaed (sp?) pancake mix.

This is where my normally helpful, sweet hubby lands in the doghouse. He observes, "Well, at least you can redo it with the right amount of vanilla."

Ha, ha.

Then I ask him to help. "It looks like you've got it covered." This, as my kitchen is oozing in vanilla pancake mix. I asked him to at least put a towel on the floor, which he does.

30 or so minutes later: Pancakes properly prepared and subsequently consumed by my hungry twosome. I take care of business in the upstairs bathroom.

A few minutes I hear the rushing of water. I thought it was Brandon playing in the sink. Forgive me, Brandon. I was wrong. It was the toilet overflowing. Ew!

Helpful hubby doesn't wait for me to ask this time. He plops another towel on the floor. A few gross minutes later, the towels are in hot water in the washer. Now I must get to work and hope nothing else in my house leaks, overflows, or otherwise gets liquified.

PS: My hubby more than redeemed himself by putting the kids to bed, doing the dishes, cleaning the counters, and doing two loads of laundry. He's so awesome!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

OH boy, not fun. Sounds like your day was in the same category as mine. See my blog for details. Then be grateful yours was remedied with some laundry.

Merilee said...

Oh not fun! I still have oatmeal overflow in tiny little crannies on my stove. I've tried everything to get it out, no success. Sounds like yours was cleaned up nicely though.

mahina said...

sorry! that was my fault for having waffles for dinner. it all started with me.

there is NOTHING worse then averflowing toilet! yuck!