Thursday, October 2, 2008

7 Weird/Interesting Things

My friend Tonya tagged me and said to list 7 weird or interesting things about myself and then to tag other friends.

When I told my husband I couldn't think of anything, he laughed and laughed and reeled off five things that, really, only fit in ONE category, which I will list first.

1- I hate, no, ABHOR, anything mint-flavored and anything related to oral care. I hate mouthwash, toothpaste, breath spray, mint gum, etc. Don't get me wrong, I brush my teeth twice daily and floss (with non-mint-flavored floss). I just don't like it. And when it comes to brushing my kids' teeth...ugh!

2- I hate food that is sprayed on. I can tolerate non-stick cooking spray. But when Lester sprays fake butter on his veggies, I have to shudder.

3- I have written a book. It is a young-adult romantic comedy that took me five years to write. Now I am editing it to submit for publication, which is a whole other journey. But it has been a fun book to write.

4- My nickname when I was a child was--blush, blush--"Buff." When things would get hard and I would whine, or if I wanted to do something I couldn't, my dad would say, "Tough stuff, Buff." Isn't that sweet?

5- I am starting to like classical music. That may not seem like such a shock, but I truly am an '80s music girl. However, I have been spending a lot of time behind the wheel, and I find listening to classical music is very calming. I think I am more cultured than I thought I was. :-)

6- I love anything with a tomato base: salsa, catsup, spaghetti sauce. But my favorite is GUACAMOLE (even though that has nothing to do with tomatoes)!

7- I'm with Tonya on the hubby thing. I LOVE my husband. He has been at my side through a lot this past year, and there is nobody I love more in this world. He makes me laugh and accepts me for who I am. I, too, have seen the hand of the Lord in bringing us together.

I tag my friends Ashley, Bridget, Brenda, Chelle, Melissa, Sarah Cook, and Sarah Smith.

13 comments:

Bridget said...

We are united in our hate of mint and our love of tomoatoes!

Sarah said...

Those were good ones. I would have never guessed the mint thing. I'm so excited for you about your book!

Lester said...

Doesn't Tabasco sauce have a little tomato in it, it is red ;-)

Tonya said...

I LOVED this post! So fun to read these fun facts about you. I too cannot stand mint.If it's mixed with chocolate it is paletteable(SP?) I remember it giving me stomach aches as a kid and I just don't like it. It was even more HORRIBLE during my pregnancies. I am a cinnamon girl through and through:0) That is so awesome about your book! I am looking forward to more updates about that one. Guacamole ROCKS! I got that word from my 10 year old:0)

Unknown said...

I want to read your book! And thanks for tagging me!!

Melissa said...

Have you tried Cinnamon dental products? I love the cinnamon flavored Act mouthwash.

Mandy said...

I love learning new and interesting things about people. I can't wait to read your book either that is awesome that you have written one.

brenda said...

I'm glad I checked your blog--didn't know I was tagged! I'll have to think on that. Your things are more interesting than weird. Sorry, but you're pretty normal.

Lots of people even agree on the mint! I don't mind it, but I have suspected it as causing a headache now and then, when it's a chemically mint. Anyway, Tom's of Maine seems to have some different flavors of oral care.

calibosmom said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Bridget and Mahina are the best! Don't you love it when your hubby can rattle off all the weird things about you? That means he knows you better than anyone!

calibosmom said...

Back again...I just noticed you are from Beaverton. Do you know Rob and Linda Fotheringham? They lived there a while back. Rob is my big brother. Just thought I'd ask.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Hi, Calibosmom! It's great to hear from you! I don't know Rob and Linda. We just moved to Beaverton four years ago from Hillsboro, the next town over. I'll keep tracking your blog!

Chelle said...

I am with you on the mint all the way! Toothpaste in general, just thinking about a used toothbrush makes me gag.

Scott-n-Allison said...

Fun to read...I'm still working on my list after Tonya tagged me. Hate to let too much wierd stuff about me out of the bag!

Thanks for organizing last night. It was fun to chat with you!