Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Tree

This is the guest blogger, Lester, making a quick blog entry. As some of you may know, I like to follow the news, especially political news. Some would say I'm a political junkie (I like watching the Sunday news shows, West Wing, etc.). So I wasn't surprised when Alexis started taking an interest in politics. She started by following the Democratic Presidential primary, rooting for Hillary Clinton because "she is a girl and she would tax our schools" (I think that translates into she would raise taxes to send money to schools). Anyway, once Hillary was defeated in the primary, Alexis' political affiliation quickly switched to John McCain. When a Barak Obama sign went up at our neighbor's house across the street, Alexis had to have a McCain sign. When Daddy didn't move fast enough, she took matters into her own hands. When I got home from work one day, I discovered the following sign posted in our yard:


Brandon, not wanting to be left out, got into the act as well. I would definitely vote for him, but I am biased ;-)


So, as you can see, we will have a very interesting fall at the Dimit home following the presidential election.

Many thanks to Adriana Dominguez for making the signs for the kids.

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

very cute.

Bridget said...

Those are some serious signs! Wow. Maren was a big Hillary supporter. She made "Vote for Hillary" bookmarks to pass out to everyone. She was bummed. Althogh she's supporting Obama now not McCain.

Sarah said...

That is so cute! Those are great signs!

paula said...

'Way to go kids and these new signs will be a big improvement and, help with the diversity of this years election!!

Merilee said...

Love this! I'm a bit of a political junky myself. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on Brandon's political career over the next few years.