Sunday, April 13, 2008

Observations from the Backseat

Yet once again I had inflicted damage to our poor little Maxima by inadvertantly ramming it into the posts at the Beaverton City Library book drop off. You know the ones...they're supposed to keep you from running into the building. See, they work. I didn't run into the building.

Anyway, so the kids and I followed Lester to the auto-body shop in Forest Grove yet again. He was driving his 1995 lime green Eagle Talon, a.k.a, the Lima Bean. I, of course, was driving the damaged goods. Here are some comments from the kids about Daddy's driving:

Alexis: "When we go 45, he goes 55! When we go 55, he goes 65! When we go 65, he goes 75! And all the way up to 95 mph."

Brandon: "Daddy go super fast."

Daddy had gone so fast, he had to pull over to the side of the road to wait for us. When Alexis noted the Lima Bean at the shoulder of the road, she said: "Daddy must have had to go to the bathroom."

Finally, we're all gunning down River Road, and this final observation from Alexis: "It's a sports car. He has to go fast."

If he is the one going so fast, then how come I'm the one getting in all the accidents?

10 comments:

Bridget said...

I loved hearing that conversation! Glad you finally got it blogged. Your kids are hilarious. Love the nickname of Lester's car....Lima Bean. That's priceless.

mahina said...

wow! your husband must be a super fast driver! 95 mph! so does that mean you were going 85?

brenda said...

Tell him to slow down! He's setting a bad example for your future drivers!

Love your blog. Texas sheet cake is my FAV. Just the right amount of chocolatiness for me.

Darilyn said...

Brenda don't mention that cake. I'd almost got it out of my mind from our last luncheon at Amanda's. I love that thing. I really think you should bring it this week too so that it can be our dessert. again.

My favorite part of this post was the part about the posts at the library doing their job because you didn't hit the building. Hilarious.

Lester said...

In my defense, I was NOT going 95 MPH. The max that I was going was 55 mph on River road. Alexis & Brandon just thought I was going very fast since they were stuck behind a truck that was going 35 mph

Margaret said...

oh lizzie, will you ever learn to drive? (did you ever have mr. olsen for driver's ed?) i turned out to be a great driver (hahaha!). you better make sure your next car is a padded one...on the outside!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Let me rescue my poor hubby from misconceptions. His maximum speed was only about 55 mph. Alexis was only talking in hypotheticals. :-)

Teresa said...

haha!!! That gave me a good laugh. That was really funny. I hit one of those posts before at a gas station. I felt so stupid. Your whole post was great! haha!

Chelle said...

What a great post (this one on your blog, and the one between you and the building!

Unknown said...

That's nothing! I was in my sister-in-law's car and she hit and posts that stop you from hitting the gas pumps...in reverse...THREE times. I am still laughing!