Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cheerios in my Salad

Tonight I tried yet another trend in cooking. Lester bought this delicious Asian Sesame salad dressing that just cries out for those crispy noodles. Since we were out of the noodles, I thought Cheerios might make a suitable substitution. However, those toastly little O's looked quite odd when nestled among the cherry tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, and iceberg lettuce that constituted the rest of my salad. Needless to say, the taste was as odd as the appearance. So let that be a lesson...no cereal in your salad!

On another note, the other morning I was being a good mom (a.k.a. sleeping in) as Mahina noted in her blog. When I came downstairs, I discovered a winter wonderland of sugar adorning my kitchen floor. The kids had wanted to "sweeten" their Golden Grahams cereal.

Alexis got the broom out of the garage to try and sweep it up. We have a childproof gadget on our door to the garage, but did that stop Alexis? No! She opened the sliding glass door, went into the backyard, through the gate to the side yard, and entered the garage door code and brought the broom in! Kudos to her for initiative. It also taught me that we should probably dispense with the childproof door-thingamabob.

Later, when I looked in the sugar, there were a few squares of Golden Grahams.

Cereal and our family just don't mix.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

haha! You guys are crazy. I guess if we ever have you over (not sure how that would happen!), we'll be sure to put cereal in random things;-) haha!

Darilyn said...

A+ for creativity. I love the cheerios idea.

mahina said...

i'm so glad you posted these two stories! they are too funny not to write down!

Bridget said...

Go Alexis! That is so funny. She takes matters into her own hands.

Sarah said...

Mischeif. My mom said I had a sugar incident when I was a little. She found me with a huge tub of Powdered sugar behind the table.