Friday, April 9, 2010

The End of an Era

This is Lester posting tonight and it is with a bit of sadness and nostalgia that I announce the end of an era. After 15 years of driving fun, the time has come to bid a fond farwell to my Eagle Talon. This event gives me an opportunity to reflect on the many changes in my life during the last 15 years and to pay tribute to my reliable Eagle Talon.














Lester and his brand new 1995 Eagle Talon (May 1995)











Lester and very used Talon (Apr 2010)
Since I am a numbers guy, I would like to share a few fun #'s:
124,880: # of miles driven in the Eagle Talon
15: # of years I have owned the Talon AND years worked at Intel
9: # of positions I have had at work since purchasing the Talon (all at Intel)
7: # of places I have lived since buying the Talon
12: # of years I have been married to my sweet, wonderful wife, Elizabeth
2: # of beautiful children I have been blessed with (Alexis, 8 & Brandon, 5)
1: One reliable, fun to drive car

Goodbye, old friend!!!

Now, a new era begins with my 2007 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. What experiences and adventures await in the next 15 years?





7 comments:

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I have very fond memories of the Eagle Talon: kissing, traveling on our honeymoon, sleeping in a rest area instead of a hotel, skipping work and heading to the beach, going to the hospital in it to have Brandon. So much of our lives have been wrapped up in that little car. I will miss it! But at least I still have the driver! :-)

Mahanna said...

Ilove the post. I especially love the part about your sweet wife. I'm glad you only have 1. Love the truck. Red is a good color for you Lester! We miss you guys!

Bridget said...

Yeah for trucks! Congrats! The kids will love it, too.

Tonya said...

We just had to say goodbye to our 10 year old mini-van last month. But we didn't get anything cool, like a truck, to replace it. We are the proud parents of another mini-van:)

Margaret said...

sad day, lester. i'm sorry to see the lima bean go. it has treated you well. you will love having your truck.

Grace said...

it's amazing what memories you have with a car?! we had a blue honda accord since we were married and Wes held onto that for 15 years after we were married. There are so many memories...it's almost like moving out of a home that you have lived in for a long time. I love your new truck! Toyotas are great!

mahina said...

i knew i hadn't seen this post before! you are such a nerd, lester! the commenter is mahanna, NOT mahina!!

so, NOW i HAVE seen the truck and, as mitch would say, "it's a cute little truck!"" lol glad you finally got your truck!!