Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Top 5 Things I Missed While In Utah

I just returned from Salt Lake to an amazing writer's conference. Before I jump into the top 5 things I missed while in Utah, here's the top 5 things I got to do in Utah!

1- Have a one-on-one meeting with an editor from NY who looked over the first five pages of my manuscript. After my nerves recovered, I was grateful for his feedback.

2- Meet an agent face to face. I told her about my book and she said it sounded "cute" and "marketable." Considering the uber-competitive world of book publishing, I'll take it as a positive sign!

3- Sift through old pictures of Lester's childhood at my in-laws. Some of them will make for great blackmail, but they're all adorable. :-)

4- See my wonderful parents who drove 300 miles from St. George just to spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning with me.

5- Meeting with other fellow LDS writers and authors. They are an awesome, creative bunch of people.

NOW, the top five things I missed.

5- The kids' last days of T-ball, swimming, and music class.

4- The Easter egg hunt at the Vial farm.


3- A fun day at the Children's Museum.
("Look, Daddy, I'm a Lamanite!" Alexis painted her face all by herself!)

(Daddy painted Brandon's face with a mustache and beard. Like father, like son!)

2- The finding of Tom Worm. The kids and Lester were weeding in the front yard. They found a worm they named Tom. Lester put the worm into the flowers. A few minutes later he noticed Brandon throwing dirt at the flowers. He asked Brandon what he was doing. "I'm feeding Tom Worm!"

1- And the number one thing I missed (but not really), was the beginning of potty training Brandon. The quote du jour on this one (uttered when Daddy requested Brandon use the potty): "But, Daddy, I don't have any pee-pee in my p****!"

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I didn't know you were (or had) written a book! Am I a loser for not knowing this? That is really neat! I hope you have luck with it amongst this world of writers...It sounds like you had a great time.

The photos are great! That is hilarious what Brandon said - haha!

Darilyn said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I want to hear more about your book.

Bridget said...

Welcome home! That's so funny Alexis painted herself as a Lamanite!

mahina said...

sounds like you missed a lot of fun stuff, but all of the other things and people you were able to meet made up for it! glad you're back!

Chelle said...

That is so great you were able to go to that conference. I love hearing that you are pursuing your writing. I really wish you the best of luck with it and congratulations on a great weekend.

It's great they have such a great dad that fills in those gaps, even when you can't be there.